Extended Standing Leg Stretch Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana
One of the biggest myths about flexibilty I keep hearing is that one has to be skinny to be flexible…well…that’s NOT true.
I wish there were more larger folk pictures doing workouts.
Some great work outs moves here.
Trying to stick to your goals? Here’s some tips! :)
Not long ago I read a post where someone claimed that zumba wasn’t a real workout, and that got me thinking.
What makes a person so high and mighty that he/she can choose what is a real workout and what is not? Surprisingly(note: sarcasm), this was a lifter.
I’ve seen way too many times where people who are together in this so fantastic and varied fitness community look down on others choice when it comes to working out. The crossfiters and lifters don’t like zumba or pilates or yoga because it’s not tough enough. And the people who do zumba, pilates and/or yoga look at lifters and tell them they are gonna get too big and that they won’t be functional in real life, because they can’t move their body, only lift. And runners… Well, runners tend to only care about running.
Keep in mind that I don’t mean everyone do this, and this is just a stereotypical observation I’ve made here on tumblr as a fitblr.
But why do we feel the need to bash on people who are in it for the same reasons as you? Gaining health and fitness. Just because their way of reaching those goals are different don’t mean you are better.
I think I can say this, and be open for all types of working out because I’ve done a lot; I’ve danced, played handball, done zumba, enjoy kickboxing, I’m a runner, lifter, yogi and a pilates geek. And I love them all. Because I think it’s fun. And if I see someone do something they think is fun and is getting them active, I’ll stand up and cheer for them, not push them down.
Oh look. A post that does not lack common sense.
Really well said and it is something that everyone in the fitness community needs to know.
There’s nothing called a “real workout” or a “legit workout”. We are all in for the same reason - to be stronger and to be healthier. We may all have different preferences when it comes to choosing different forms of exercises but that doesn’t make 1 less/more legit than the other.
I’ve mentioned that my greatest pet peeve is when egoistic people step into the yoga room, and forget to leave their egos out there. I have seen guys who look buff and strong, coming into the yoga room and having this face that says “I am going to own this shit because yoga is easy”, but ends up unable to hold even the simplest poses. That irks me because when you’re egoistic, you think you can handle difficult poses, and when you fall out of balance, you affect the people around you.
Every exercise has its own difficulties and its own science. Yoga may seem easy to most people but it really isn’t. There’s a lot of self awareness with your body, mind and physical presence. Brute strength does not get you anywhere in yoga. Just like any other sport.
I’m glad I got this out of my chest.
Yes I appreciate this post very much.
This is great. I’m a cyclist and sometimes feel a little victimised by the running community. Swimming fitblrs seem to be pretty nonexistent, which sucks because swimming is a badass workout.
All workouts are badass workouts.
Embrace it all and if you don’t like it you’re welcome to say it, but don’t trash others who do, and don’t tell them it’s not a real workout.
I’d like to remind you that Sharee (funeralformyfat) thanks Zumba a lot for her weight loss and she’s 121 pounds now. So hush your mouth.
Thank you for this post. It’s the bomb.
(quoting by request)
We’re going topless… Muffin-topless, that is! ツ full video here
I just upgraded online workout video list ;)
- Chest and Back/Ab Ripper X
- Legs and Back
- Yoga X
- Cardio X
- Kenpo X
- Shoulders and Arms
- Core Synergetics
- Stretch X
- Chest, Shoulder, and Triceps
- Back and Biceps
- Fit Test
- Plyometric Cardio Circuit
- Cardio Power & Resistance
- Cardio Recovery
- Pure Cardio
- Cardio Abs
- Core Cardio & Balance
- Max Interval Circuit
- Max Interval Plyo
- Max Cardio Conditioning
- Max Recovery
- Insane Abs
- Max Interval Sports Training
- Upper Body Weight Training
- Learn & burn
- Cardio Party Mix 1
- Cardio Party Mix 2
- Cardio Party Mix 3
- Kickin Core
- 20 minute workout
- T3 - Totally Tubular Turbo
Hip hop abs:
Tone It Up:
- Flat Abs Challenge
- 3 Minute Ab Challenge
- Slimming Inner Thighs & Calves
- Inner Thigh Insanity
- Saddlebag Shaver
- Standing Pilates for Legs, Butt & Obliques
- Butt Blaster
Cardio & High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
- Tone It Up Beach BABE video
- BodyRock.tv Hot Body Workout video
- BodyRock.tv 4 Minute Workout video
- BodyRock.tv Hardest Workout Ever video
- BodyRock.tvHard Bodies Getting Harder Workout
- BodyRock.tv 6 Minute Workout video
- BodyRock.tv Run The World Workout video
- BodyRock.tv Hot Attack video
All Over Body Toning
- Tone It Up Arms, Abs, and Legs Pyramid video
- Tone It Up Bikini Abs & Thighs video (with yoga ball)
- Tone It Up Sandcastle Workout video
- Tone It Up Bikini Body Workout with Self Magazine!
- Tone It Up Bikini Blast Circuit Workout video
- Tone It Up Bikini Body Workout with Self Magazine!
- Pop Pilates Till The World Ends video
- Pop Pilates Summer Slimdown Part 1 & Part 2
- Bodyrock.tv I’m Into You Workout video
- skinnyyogagirl’s 1000 Rep Workout
- skinnyyogagirl’s Full Body Cardio & Strength Workout
- skinnyyogagirl’s Burning Body Workout
- Pop Pilates Flat Abs Challenge video
- Pop Pilates 3 Minute Ab Challenge video
- Tone It Up Tighten & Tone Your Abs video
- Tone It Up Itty Bitty Bikini video
Legs & Butt
- Pop Pilates Slimming Inner Thighs & Calves video
- Pop Pilates Inner Thigh Insanity video
- Pop Pilates Saddlebag Shaver video
- Pop Pilates Standing Pilates for Legs, Butt & Obliques video
- Pop Pilates Butt Blaster video
- Tone It Up Bikini Beach Bum video
- BodyRock.tv Abs Now Workout video (I know it says abs but it works the thighs more)
- BodyRock.tv 300 Squats Challenge
- skinnyyogagirl’s Legs & Butt Workout
- Dashama Sun Salutations video
- Dashama Sun Salutations 2 video
- Dashama Hip Stretches
- Tara Stiles Bend It Like Tara video (my favorite stretching video)
- sadienardini 40 minute yoga weight loss videos Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
- exercisetv.tv Yoga Fitness Plus 45 minute video
- exercisetv.tv Beginner Yoga 20 minute video
- exercisetv.tv Yoga Sculpt 30 minute video
- exercisetv.tv Yoga Fitness Fusion 45 minute video
- Yogis Anonymous Hurts So Good Power Yoga 95 minute video
- Yogis Anonymous Blissed Flow Yoga 90 minute (love love love this one!)
- Post Running Stretch video from FlexibleWarriorYoga
The Biggest Loser:
- Biggest Loser 30 Day Jump Start Workout
- Biggest Loser Cardio Max Workout
- Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga
- Biggest Loser Boot Camp Workout
- 10 Minute Jump Start Cardio Workout!
- 10 Minute Cardio Kickboxing Workout!
- 10 Minute Jump Rope Cardio Workout!
- 15 Minute Abs Workout!
BodyRock Cardio Workout: